Sunday, January 22, 2012

Carrying on.

Carrying on meaningless conversations
in my head
Carrying on, like the grief
from loved ones lost
Carrying on, as the jilted
lover forcing things to be right
Carrying on through the scars
that have just finished healing

these microcosms we isolate
within too walk the days
calm.. tell me when you think we became so unhappy...

lies and veils to obscure
perception and make your
storming out that door. . .
not so hard.

So choose i must
two half demons tearing
upon me
two different voices
ripping me asunder

pretty lies that bring drug induced
joy - a simpletons smile

or

Harsh winter winds
with sad self questioning
is there worth?
sitting aloof alone near
hospital beds.
paying the terrible debt I
owe you.
Is there worth?
living in reality
suggesting a smile
while freezing without.

January 22 2012
©Nicholas Bacon

4 comments:

  1. I like it Nick but I think it needs a touch of back story added to it, without reasons for the feeling being emoted it become very abstract in places. One good thing though is I HEAR your voice while I am reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well some day soon we should meet up at luna and i can run a few revisionary ideas i have by you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe the first week of February, J is leaving town tomorrow until the end of the month and I'll be staying home more and
    the second week of Feb is my slice and dice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be my 21rst birthday so i will be pretty drunk and or hungover at any given moment- and chances are i will be in kalamazoo or chicago that weekend as well. However shortly thereafter sounds good.

    ReplyDelete