Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lighthouses, Probably


My mind keeps flitting over an absent place.
Like a missing tooth ones tongue cannot help but touch,
to remind oneself what is no longer there.

Or anyway it makes me remember you real strongly.
Like I can feel your arms and calming presence...

It is like a castled rook or a wall of pawns standing next to me.
Something so physical I am assaulted by its smell.
That raw energy, ... A

memory of You I could lean on.
A believing in
A knowing in
Arms tight and safe

It is a memory that forces you to feel so ephemeral.
I walk outside, so far away,  to be beneath different stars.
And I, can just almost pierce some midnight veil
To feel a pulse beneath my resting hand,
Something so real,


 If I Can Just breathe in enough of the everythingness surrounding,
The shared spirit of life will make a warmth spread beneath my splayed fingers
Where they touch phantom flesh.



No comments:

Post a Comment